$134.99 – $159.99
The Big Kahuna Cold Smoke Generator is made from heavy gauge 3″ SCH 40 6061 precision machined aluminum for a proper seal and long life.
You can use small wood chips or wood chunks of your choosing. No expensive cartridges to buy – just use your favorite wood chips/chunks.
Now with a Lifetime Warranty!
Now comes with Step Drill Bit valued at $14.99!
Best choice for the serious meat smoking enthusiast, vertical smokers, or larger grills. The Big Kahuna offers 1-2 hours of smoke time on a single fill, and this unit will take care of even your biggest cookout events! This is the unit if you want to use large wood chips or wood chunks. It comes with a high output adjustable air pump to provide an adequate air supply for
the larger wood chips/chunks.
Product is made from heavy gauge SCH 40 6061 precision machined aluminum for a proper seal and long life. Also included is a stainless steel cleaning brush.
You can use wood chips or wood chunks in the Smoke Daddy. Wood Pellets are not recommended to be used due to an inefficient burn. No expensive cartridges to buy – just use your favorite wood chips/chunks! Any Smoke Daddy can be refilled at any time during the smoking process without having to relight it or open your smoker. They are designed with the smoke outlet tube above the fuel source to prevent clogging and have a removable end cap for easy lighting. It also has plenty of room for hot ash and is designed so not to interfere with air flow.
It provides plenty of smoke for the larger smokers. You can easily attach it to your smoker by drilling a 1 1/8″ hole and inserting the outlet tube into your smoker. To light it, remove the end cap and fill the smoke chamber with your favorite wood chips/chunks. Then light it from the bottom with a small propane torch or you can also use a match and a crushed piece of charcoal. Place the end cap back on with air pump running and you’re smokin’!
We offer a high output, adjustable air flow electric pump. This is great for having a high volume of air at start-up, allowing some woods to be lit more easily. You can then lower the airflow gradually to the desired amount.
Perfect for applications that are a standard grill size and larger.
The BIG KAHUNA holds 3 cups of fuel and will smoke for up to one to two hours on a single load.
|Dimensions||9 × 8 × 4 in|
|Green Egg Adapter|
Instructions for Warranty Services:
Send Warrantied Items To:
Smoke Daddy Inc.
Warranty Services Dept.
173 Ambrogio Dr STE B
Gurnee, IL 60031
kman1511 (verified owner) –
Just used this cold smoker for the first time and it is off the chain!!! Just don’t over crowd it and start with a hot fire. Install on my Traeger was fast and simple.
garywirt (verified owner) –
I have a Traeger pellet grill which controls cooking temperature very nicely. However even at low temperatures the Traeger does not impart a significant smoky flavor to meats.
So, I followed the advice of Steven Raichlen and purchased a Big Kahuna which arrived three days ago, and have used it three times.
It meets all of my expectations. Here are some general comments:
– I can start up the Big Kahuna within about 30 seconds with my heat gun. Easy.
– The term wood “chips” and wood “chunks” mean different things to different folks. In my opinion, wood chips are acceptable. There are various sizes of wood “chips” available. What I see being sold as wood “chunks” are too large to fit into the Big Kahuna.
– You can expect lots of smoke. Regulate the variable speed air pump to your preference, i.e. to slow down, or speed up, the smoke.
– Based on my 3 days of experience, it appears to me that the Big Kahuna will produce smoke for about an hour depending on the air pump setting. That’s fine. If you are smoking a brisket for 12-18 hours, you don’t need smoke during that entire time. Reload as needed.
– You need a good heat glove. All parts of this baby get hot…same temperature of your BBQ or hotter. It is basically a firebox with a regulated oxygen supply to produce smoke, not flame. It gets hot. Trust me.
– Nicely constructed. Will probably last forever.