Barbecue Baked BeansNovember 16, 2021
How to Smoke a Fresh TurkeyDecember 13, 2021
Recipe Courtesy of Jason Patt
Executive Chef and Co-owner of Bearded Veterans Grill
Pulled Pork Sandwich:
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours at 225*, 3-4 hours at 250* (121c)
Grill: Pellet Pro Wood Pellet Grill
Pellets: Apple, Cherry or Pecan pellets
- Rub the entire should with mustard as a binder
- Combine the Colonel Porky’s rub with the Garlic powder and rub in on the shoulder until it is entirely covered. If there is any area that is bare, cover with more Colonel Porky’s rub. If you have a grill that creates more heat from the top place the pork butt on the grates with the fat cap up. If all of your heat source is mainly coming from the bottom, cook with your fat cap down.
- Place the shoulder on the center of the smoker, and insert the probe to monitor the temperature.
- Smoke the shoulder for 3 hours, spraying the shoulder every hour with apple juice.
- After 3 hours, wrap the shoulder and increase the smoker temperature to 250*F and continue to cook until the shoulder reaches an internal temperature of 203-205*F. This usually takes 6-8 hours.
- Transfer the shoulder to a cutting board and let rest 20-30 minutes.
- Remove the bone, then using heat resistant gloves and a set of meat claws pull the pork until it is nicely shredded
- Add more Colonel Porky’s rub to the meat and mix well
- In a bowl, combine pork with either Bearded Veterans Down Range or Sweet Napalm BBQ Sauce. Top with coleslaw and enjoy!