Prepare your smoker with wood chips
Photo by Pawel Kadysz
Also, lobster works well when you use different flavors of wood chips. So, ensure you use a wood chip with a flavor that works well with your lobster tails.
Some of the types of wood chips that work well with lobsters include:
Try out each of them to see what tastes best for you.
But how do you handle the claws?
That's why you need to boil the whole lobster for some minutes. Cooking the lobster makes the tail curl up.
Some people don't like boiling lobsters because of the screaming sound they make when steam escapes from the shell. However, that shouldn't be an issue.
Since the claws take some time to cook, you can boil the lobster for about 3 minutes and then simmer the claws for an additional 2 minutes.Smoking the LobsterIngredients for Smoked Lobsters:
● Whole lobsters
● The BBQ rub of your choice
● Salted butterDetails of The Smoking Process:
● Preparation time: 10 minutes
● Cooking time: 30 minutes
● Total time: 40 minutes
● Servings: 6Instructions
● Find a grill pan that you will use to carry the lobster to and from the smokers. Ensure you use a smoker to make it very easy for you to move the lobster without any issues. Weber grill pans are great for this purpose.
● You can also place the lobster tails on the smoker's grate. Depending on the weight of your lobster tails, they can take about 30 minutes to reach a temperature of about 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit. If you prefer lobsters with more tenderness and flavor, you can go for lobsters with more petite tails as the larger ones will take more time.
● After placing the lobster tails in the smoker for about 25 to 30 minutes, spread the shells apart and put about a tablespoon of the butter mixture you prepared earlier on the meat in the lobster tail. The mixture will not run off quickly from the meat since you have prepared it early and it has been left to thicken. It will make more of the spices in the mixture penetrate the meat when you are grilling the lobster tails.
● Monitor the temperature of the meat, and when it gets to 135 to 140 degrees Fahrenheit, your smoked lobster tails are ready, and you need to remove them from the smoker immediately.Conclusion
Smoking lobsters gives them a bolder flavor than just boiling, baking, or steaming. It also helps you control the flavors you want to incorporate into the meat through flavored wood chips. If you are a lobster fan, smoking or grilling your lobster tails on flavored wood chips is an experience you will live to cherish.
Get in touch with lobster Anywhere if you need terrific lobsters and have them delivered directly to your table. https://lobsteranywhere.com